Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] UW-DGPS

Carsten & Pat,

I know there is an integral system on the market, PC driven, which connects
the GPS link and an acoustic link from a tracking system by computer and then
tells everybody where everybody is. Trust me, we can't afford it. Woods Hole
uses it, and IFREMER, but not Harbor Branch (too many $$$).

I have used radios, both VHF and CB to about 50 fsw, but not deeper. There
has to be a way to convert the GPS signal to acoustic and broadcast to the
sub, but all that stuff was mighty Flash Gordon in my operational day. Maybe
Phil will read this and chip in. He uses computers to control the DWs, and
will be up to snuff on current events along these lines (if there are any).

Best Regards,
Vance