[PSUBS-MAILIST] Zeus and Roxanne

Hi,

I saw cute family movie over the weekend called "Zeus and Roxanne".
So what does that have to do with PSUBS. One of the stars was a SportSub.

This SportSub was different. It had a top hatch!. I couldn't tell
if the bottom, rear swim hole was still there or not. So it was a
dry ambient design.

Anyway in one scene this lady research scientest and son of next door neighbor
rock musician, you have to see the movie, were cruizing just off the
bottom and we see some nets. The scientest says these are drift nets and very
dangerous for Dolphins.

The whole movie revolves around a dog Zeus and a dolphin Roxanne. Any way my first
thought was then get your sub out of there you fool. Well they didn't get snared by
the nets.

Later this scientest is alone and frantically looking for Roxanne and you guessed it.
She gets trapped in the net. The water being pulled through the prop litterally
sucks the net right into the props. A few turns later and both motors jam.

That's ok our scientest thinks. I'll just open up the hatch and swim to the surface.
Unbeknownst to her the net also fell on top of the hatch. So when she opens up a big
bubble of air leaks and  the incoming water that comes in washes some of the net
under the hatch rim and tightens the net. So now the air is leaking out due to
the hatch being wedged open with net and she can't open the hatch all the way
due to the net holding it closed.

See the movie for the exciting climax. I have a few comments:

1. SportSub with hatch. A dream come true.

2. I would have a bottom hatch where the swim hole was just in case.

3. I was amazed at how the net got sucked into the props. Made me a believer
   out of debris guards.

4. Why didn't this smart scientest have a scuba tank in the sub with her? There was
   all kind of cyliders on her boat.

5. I had a hard time believing the little crane on her boat could of lifted up a
   SportSub. They didn't actually show it.

6. The only smart thing this lady did was to hoist a diver down flag on her boat.
   No crew top side.

Anyway enjoy the movie.

Regards,
Ray