Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] PSUB Fatalities...View Ports...Shatterproof

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Suds" <paul_suds@hotmail.com>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2000 4:33 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] PSUB Fatalities...View Ports...Shatterproof
. Again, unfortunately, this will
> never happen, and it is a problem our sociatey is stuck with. i know this
is
> controversial subject and not appropraiate for this web site, but the
issue
> has already been broached, so jump in..Suds

I was going to stay out of this; and I'll probably wish I had.

I never see any statistics about how many good people save their lives,
loved ones, or property with guns every day.

And many people focus on the comparatively few mistakes law enforcement
officers make, instead of the countless times every day they risk their own
lives so others can be safe.

Carsten, I respect your right to your own opinion, and it is a beautifully
humanitarian one.  But there are sociopaths and societal deviants out there
who are not as humane as you are; and if one of them breaks into your home
at night, I strongly urge you to not assume he's only a harmless thief,
because he might be Charles Mansons meaner twin brother.

Very best regards,

Pat