[PSUBS-MAILIST] Miniatures

From: doug@elitevideo.com
To: <Ray@PSUBS.ORG>
Subject: Miniatures
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 15:24:51 -0800

From: Douglas Magby  doug@elitevideo.com

It's been some time (because of an illness in the family) that I've
studied what's going on in the world of personal/homemade/submersibles
but I found something a few days ago I thought might interest your organization.

Everyone gets a smile when their hobby or labor of love gets reproduced
in miniature.  I happened to be in a WalMart store some days ago when I
spied in the toy section where Hot Wheels and so on are sold; a SUV towing
a trailer with a miniature submersible on the trailer.  The submersible
looked like a cross between a Hawkes submersible and a GEM suit.
It comes complete with its grappling arms and a black dome.

This may sound like a silly thing; but I thought you and your enthusiasts
might want to know about it.  I believe the toy set is put out by Road & Track
in combination with Ertl or someone like that.  I believe I paid $9.95 plus tax
for the whole thing.

Best regards to ya.

Douglas Magby
Tech Support Elite Video   doug@elitevideo.com