Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] PSUB Fatalities...View Ports

                 On view ports: I have not seen or at least noticed subs that
have protective round metal bars or cages to prevent collision damage to view
ports. You see this on the head lights of race cars and off road vehicles.
                  These cages would subtract from your vision but may be
worth while safety features on "selected" view ports that are the most at
risk i.e the front ones. You could drive right into a rock wall and only bend
your crash bars a bit. I would hate to directly shock a view port at any
depth.
                  Double view ports may also be a good idea as previously
mentioned. I have seen this used for other purposes with a clear oil between
the glass. This way it appears as though you are only looking through one
pane only. Cost might be a limiting factor for Psubs using this method.
                  Now,  we could borrow some technology from the "Batmobile".
Press a panic button and the whole sub gets covered in armour plating. "Holy
seahorses in my jockeys Batman"!!!!!
Regards Doug