Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Your Homebuilt Submarine in our Video?

----- Original Message -----
From: <Subscuba@aol.com>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2000 5:33 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Your Homebuilt Submarine in our Video?

> Hello Pat,
>
> Sounds like you don't need to include my Sub. Plus I think the logistics
at
> this late stage would be a problem.
>
> I would like to purchase a copy of your tape when you finish. Do you
discuss
> your motor controls and electrical system on the tape? The motor controls
on
> my Sub was quite interesting for me and I enjoyed the design task.
>
> I saw "Twenty Thousand Leagues" when it first came out. A fascinating
movie.
> Your Sub picture on the site adds to movie mystique.
>
> Thanks for the response,
>
> Ken Martindale

Hi Ken!

It really wouldn't be a problem!  I'm holding for three other guys right
now!  If you'll agree to  send me some video of your sub in operation, I'll
pay for the materials and postage in advance, and give you a free copy of my
video when it's done.

(BTW: Our NAUTILUS MINISUB VIDEO is about 20K LEAGUES, the Disney NAUTILUS,
and my sub.  It's almost ready to release.  The video I'd like to put your
sub in is about homebuilt submarines in general, and probably won't be ready
until Summer; so you've got time.)

(RE: MOTOR)  In the NAUTILUS MINISUB VIDEO, we'll touch on basically
everything from design to dive tests.  There really wasn't anything exotic
about the E-motor part of it, though.  I would imagine yours was quite a bit
more difficult, since it's in a wetsub and all.  For example, I know you're
running a Minn Kota lower unit; I'm wondering what kind of potentiometer
you've got, and how you keep your vital electrics dry in a wet environment.

(RE: 20K) Yep, me too.  Saw LEAGUES with my Dad in December of 54; that
started it all for me.  When my involvement with underwater technological
R&D began producing subs, one of them just had to be the NAUTILUS.  It was a
lot of extra work, but worthwhile I think.  She turns 50-year old
baby-boomers into kids again; and I really enjoy that.  The NAUTILUS is
something that strikes a special chord in a lot of people, all around the
World; and I'm really happy to be the one fortunate enough to take something
they only saw on the screen, and bring it up close where they can touch it
and see it work, if only in small scale.  Oops!  I'm rambling again!  Sorry!

Very best regards,

Pat Regan
vulcania@interpac.net