Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] What do Hydro-caps do?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karl & Shirin Fuller" <fullerk@voyager.co.nz>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2000 8:24 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] What do Hydro-caps do?

" Vance, you mentioned a diesel / electric sub that Kittridge designed. How
do I find out more about it ?"

Howdy Vance!

I, too, would appreciate hearing about the Diesel K-sub.  Was it two
separate propulsion systems; or a diesel powered generator that supplied
juice for an electric motor?

QUESTION: Ever heard of POR 15?  It's a surface coating made for metal
boats.  Expensive,  but the guy at the store says it's the best around; even
cures in water.  Widely used by the professional boat operators over here.
Sounds like it would provide good rust protection, but I'm still gathering
information on how it will work under epoxy resin; so far, everyone I've
talked to gave it the "thumbs up".    Ever heard of this stuff?

BTW: thanks for getting Dr. Nuytten's input about glassing sub hulls.
Muchly appreciated.

Pat Regan
vulcania@interpac.net