Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: high speed subs

In a message dated 2/26/00 5:37:43 AM, vulcania@interpac.net writes:

<< Anyway, it seems like a possible cause of the problem you're

describing.  Just thought I'd run it past you.

Gotta go,

Regan >>

No, that's the wrong direction to head in. The attitude change is forced on
the boat(s) by the prop thrust. I assume some of it is due to side wash,
especially on the big (36 X 36) wheel that we used at Perry; every stern
driven vehicle I ever piloted suffered to some extent with the problem.
Little Aquarius, with a 14" kort nozzle did it, right up to the big PCs which
were over 30 feet long. The drag and flow problems wouldn't kick in until
things were moving. Mind you, a certain co-op engineer who no longer speaks
to me on the net did some tests on this K of mine many moons ago, and wasn't
any too thrilled with its characteristics as I recall.

Don't you have this problem to some degree with the skinny hindquarters of
your N?

Vance