Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Oil vs air

On my DPV, I used a high quality rotary seal. Does anyone use an oil filled
motor housings on any of their shallow subs or ROV's? I know this question
has come up before, and I've always advocated air with a good rotary seal,
but I've been doing some research on Navy rotary seals and the like. It
seems that the really deep ROV's and some subs use high dialectric oil with
pressure compensated diaphragms. My motors are going to be kind of
expensive,high current, and high voltage. Oil is starting to look
desirable...Suds