Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Ambient vs. 1 ATM: the historical perspective

Hi Captain Nemo,

I can't help smiling a bit at your response to Vance's comparison of the
Kitterdege and your Nautilus replica. I  got the impression that the
comparison, was not intended to depth charge the merits of your sub, but I
note your sub to sub wire guided torpedos are launched and tracking ! Will
there be decoys and evasive manouvers Captain Vance ?
However, you have both made some passionate and valuable points that are
educational for those of us who are still on a big learning curb in the
understanding of how a sub works and the many compromises involved in order
to achieve ones goal.
Personally, I would love to find the design or design the sub I may build
one day, but so far, I'm still looking, learning and contemplating. Because
of the distances involved in getting from site to site in New Zealand, I
would like  to build either a small electric sub and a catamaran to
transport it, or an ' autonomous ' diesel electric sub like Carsten wants.
So I am one of the ' 1 atmosphere ' fans obviously.
If anyone is aware of a design that could fit one of the two vague
parameters mentioned above, please let me know.
I think I have sold the 60 ft. steel yacht I have designed, built and lived
on for the last few years, but if anyone knows of anyone interested in
buying her, please let me know !
Do any of you guys follow the America's Cup sailing that is being sailed a
few miles away from me at present ? It looks like we will keep it :-) Your
can watch the 3rd race live on the internet but it would be very late at
night for you I guess.
Does a dehumidifier work to stop condensation in a sub ?

>From Down Under,
Karl.