[PSUBS-MAILIST] Gilligan's Island

OK guys, time to prove your worth. On a Gilligan's Island episode, a Japanese sailor pulled up to the island in a small one or two man sub and quickly put all of the gang in a pre-made bamboo cage. He, of course, was the politically correct Japanese stereotype complete with coke bottle glasses and a risp, err, I mean lisp. If it wasn't for Ginger convincing him that he was very "good rooking," they may have never escaped.  What kind of sub did he have, and do we know anything about it?
Thanks - Just curious.
Sincerely,
Greg