Re: [[PSUBS-MAILIST] Pro's & Con's of Propane Tanks]

I thought there was a message a couple of weeks ago about propane delivery
trucks; a quick search of the archives located it.  We ran out of propane this
morning and while the delivery truck was in the driveway I ran out and wrote
down the info off the side of the tank.  It is as follows:

Manufacturer:  Ameritank
Overall length: 169"
Outer Diameter: 73.5"
Surface Area: 270 square feet
Internal Volume: 2600 gallons
Cylinder Thickness: 0.444 inches
Head Thickness: 0.245 inches
Water Weight Full: 21,665 pounds
Material: SA612
Max Pressure: 250 psi

Do with this information what you may, I have copied it verbatim from the tank
itself and have not checked the numbers against themselves.  I too have looked
longingly at those delivery truck tanks and they certainly seem beefy enough.
But wow, who is able to haul 11 tons around?  Think I'll stick with the advice
of some of the "sub gods" and build something smaller, from scratch, and not
rely on the reliability of a tank that was designed for another purpose.

Danny