Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Women (was: Launching at the boat ramp)

    You know, traditionally, haven't women been
considered to be bad luck on a sailing vessel?
Historically that might have something to do with it,
although I'm ALL FOR setting a precedent
here....hehehe

--- Michael B Holt <michaelbholt@juno.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2000 15:04:44 EST SJSVOB@aol.com
> writes:
> >
> ><<" Even better would be a James Bond car. What fun
> it would be at the
> ramp to
> >have a car drive down the ramp and sink. ;)>>
> >
> >Don't forget that in the passenger seat you'd have
> to have an exotic
> >femme fatale in a fur-lined bikini to admire at
> your exploit.
>
> We're back to women, now, are we?
>
> Just to take a sort-of side trip . . .
>
> Let's think about the better-known fictional
> submarines: were there
> any women?   As some of you may recall, there was a
> woman on the
> movie version of the Seaview (Voyage to the Bottom
> of the Sea), but
> you never get to see a woman on a sub until
> "Operation Petticoat."
> No chicks in "Ice Station Zebra," or "Hunt for Red
> October."  I'm
> ignoring "Abyss" and the like, where the subs were
> all a bit different.
>
> John Holland married a woman a lot younger than he:
> by about 20
> years, as I recall (I'll check after dinner).
>
> So in general, submariners don't pay a lot of
> attention to women.  Or,
> more precisely, they separate their women from their
> submarines.
> Damn shame.
>
> Anyone ever met a woman seriously interested in
> submarines?
> I'm sure she'd be fascinating.
>

> Mike
> --

> Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
> Try it today - there's no risk!  For your FREE
> software, visit:
> http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

=====
"Noisy outside, empty inside." - Confucius