[PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Turtle

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000 09:44:16 -0800 (PST) Ray Keefer writes:
>> My gut feeling is that the Turtle would be hell to launch, because of
its
>> draft.
>
>To launch couldn't the operator crawl inside and others roll it like a
barrel
>into the water? I have seen amazing things that can be done with rolling
barrels.
>The shape makes it easy the handle. One guy could even stand a full
>one up on end when fully loaded.

The Turtle wasn't a real barrel: it was oval from the top.   Besides,
there's
all that stuff that's hanging off the original: the mine, the propellors,
the
auger . . .

But I did think about just that.   And putting one wheel on the very
bottom,
and letting a couple of guys just roll the thing into the water.   But I
figure
even a replica will demand 5 feet at the ramp.

Mike
--

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.