Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Horsepower

-----Original Message-----
From: SeaLordOne@aol.com <SeaLordOne@aol.com>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Date: Wednesday, January 26, 2000 09:04 PM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Horsepower

>Teammates,
>Please help me with this one.  According to an article in BOAT/U.S.
Magazine
>(January 2000, pages 24-25), electric motors somehow provide three times
the

    Along a similar vein (wire?), there's an article on a
catamaran sailboat converted to electric propulsion in
the September/October 1999 issue of MULTIHULLS
magazine [Vol. 25, No. 5], on pages 19-20.

    This particular layout uses a diesel generator to
recharge the batteries part of the time, but also
'regenerative feedback' through the motors when
under sail to recharge the batteries.  This wouldn't
be much use to a sub, but it's still interesting.

-Allan

PS  Yes, for those of you that remember, I am in
the U.S. Coast Guard.  However, I'm an aviatior
(C-130 Loadmaster).  My knowledge of sailboats
is limited, but  I *am* interested in multihulls.