Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Pro's & Con's of Propane Tanks

I'm just going on what has been said before.  Still, Dale got away pretty
cheap with his material provider up in Canada a while back (check out his
early posts when he was getting steel for his K-250).  You live close to the
eastern seaboard in a heavily industrialized area.  You should have little
trouble finding a shop to give you a quote.  Anyway, here are some links for
you to investigate to at least get some idea of the cost:
http://www.bakertankhead.com/default.htm  I inquired about 42"x.375"
hemispherical heads, but sadly did not receive a reply.  Maybe you will have
better luck.
http://www.centralfabricators.com/about.htm  These guys are just down the
road from me and may be too far for you because of shipping costs.  Still,
see if they give you a quote.
http://alphapipeco.com/default.html
http://www.wheelertank.com/   Well, this link was obtained from someone's
post a while back.  Get a quote on a new tank to compare cost with a
fabricated one?
http://www.labargepipe.com  Sales Rep. is Dan Braden.  1-800-325-3363 ext.
257.  By the way, they had 42"x.375" schedule 70 the last I heard.
Well, let me know what you find out.
TTYL,
Big Dave