Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Underwater Paintball

At 1941 -0600 01/20/2000, Chris Crouch wrote:
>Couldn't we use lasers as a safer alternative to projectiles?

Only if the device which detects a hit is able to play a really loud explosion noise, and some "Red Alert!" klaxons, and electronically handicap some propulsion or steering systems to make your boat act "damaged." Then you could convince me to go with a simulated hit like that. But then you're spending as much time setting up to play wargames as actually building a sub...

Seriously, if I was going to do this underwater, rather than with clunky surface vessels, I would go for simple, open-on-the-bottom ambient shells, like upside-down canoes, that would be easy to get out of in a hurry.

--
David
Osage MN USA