Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Fiberglass

The fiberglass bottles used for HPA, and CO2 storage are HOLDING BACK pressure, not trying to withstand it.  So you are testing the tenstile strength of the Fiberglass (and the fiberglass is wound in a certian pattern I should remind you)  Not it's compressive strength.  the Resin used to hold the fiberglass on isn't providing any strength, unlike in a compressive setting.  I DO have a 3000psi compresed air tank here made with a thin steel shell inside a thick wrapping of fiberglass, and I have a 4500psi carbon fiber wrapped tank as well.  NEITHER would stand up to compressive forces.